A person’s home is their castle as well as a sanctuary for loved ones, and as such any homeowner would want to do everything within their power to ensure that the contents of those homes are as protected as possible at all times.
One of the best ways to provide this protection is through the installation of a home security system. A security system is beneficial to a homeowner for a variety of reasons, such as the following:
- Peace of mind. This is naturally the first reason, being that the homeowner has the peace of mind of knowing that their valuables are protected in the event of a home intrusion or robbery.
- Lower insurance rates. Many insurance providers offer discounts for homeowners who have active alarm systems installed in their homes. This is due to the fact that there are less claims filed for property loss in homes that have and advertise an active home security system on the premises.
- Protection against invisible and unanticipated threats. Many home security systems also provide protection against carbon monoxide, smoke, fire, or other threats to the security of a person’s possessions and the safety of their family.
- Instant notification to alarm monitoring facilities. When an alarm is triggered, a notification is immediately sent to the monitoring company to warn them of a possible break-in or threat to a resident’s well-being. This allows them to dispatch the appropriate responder (fire, ambulance, police) promptly.
- Theft deterrence. By advertising through the use of the signage and window decals provided by the alarm company that a home has a security system, homeowners can actually deter potential thieves from attempting to break into the property.
- Absentee notification. If the homeowner and his or her family are not at home, an alarm system can provide notification to the homeowner that an alarm event has been initiated, which prevents the homeowner or their family from walking into the residence during an active emergency or break-in.
- Remote access to video monitoring. Many alarm systems provide video surveillance, which allows a homeowner to remotely view the video in real-time and observe what is going on in the home as it happens. This is especially beneficial to families who have in-home care providers, if they are concerned about the level of care being delivered to their loved ones.
- Increase in property value. An active home security system installed in a property raises the value of that property.
- Disabled and at-risk individual monitoring. Some security systems provide the option of monitoring the physical activity in a home and issuing an alert if no activity is detected within a certain time-frame. This is advantageous for homeowners who have disabled or at-risk family members in the home, because a lack of activity could indicate a potential medical or physical emergency requiring immediate attention.
- Ease of installation and operation. A home security system’s numerous benefits are further enhanced by how easy a system is to install and operate. Family members of all ages can be instructed on proper use of the system and when it is appropriate to activate an alarm.
As you can see, there are plenty of reasons why a homeowner should have a home security system installed in their residence. There are practically no disadvantages at all, and the minor expense associated with purchase, installation, and monitoring is easily mitigated by the immeasurable protection provided by the presence of the security system.
Contact Denham Security Systems today for more details – 01268 350115